Service Improvement and Innovation Manager
Karen brings a wealth of knowledge, having 22 years of experience in Homelessness and Housing Service delivery, development and management of multiple programs:
- Specialist Homelessness Service (providing support to families in crisis accommodation)
- Crisis Housing
- Transitional Housing
- Long term Housing (incl, Seniors Housing, Disability Housing)
- Affordable Housing
- National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS)
- Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
- Youth Housing/Semi-Independent Living (SILS)
- Specialist Housing Programs (Drug Court, Mental Health, Acquired Brain Injury, Same House different Landlord, Share Housing, Refugee/Settlement Services)
Karen began her career with Churches of Christ Housing Services (Qld) in 2001, as a Housing Officer of a small not-for profit community housing association. Her knowledge grew with the Organisation’s growth from 100 to 1300 tenancies, becoming one of the first, and largest, registered Tier One Housing Providers in Queensland.
Karen progressed through frontline service delivery to Housing Operations Manager, and then Program Practice & Development Manager, with her expertise in housing programs, policy, legislation and compliance, and her passion to strive for best practice and continuous improvement, at both sector and organisation levels.